Saturday, April 5, 2008

Delta Sigma Pi Professional Business Fraternity

At a traditional and ritualistic ceremony last evening, I was inducted as an honorary initiate into the national Delta Sigma Pi Professional Business Fraternity. It was a humbling honor to be invited to join this great organization which dates back to 1907 and has more than 250 college chapters and more than 200,000 members. Delta Sigma Pi was organized to foster the study of business in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation between the commercial world and students of commerce, and to further a higher standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare of the community.

I am greatly appreciative to my friend, and now brother, John Hess of the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) and Shanda Gray, Associate Executive Director of Delta Sigma Pi in Oxford, Ohio for bestowing me with this honor. I now know the "secret handshake" and "password" (I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you...). I look forward to connecting frequently with my new "brothers" across the country! Click here for additional information about Delta Sigma Pi.

No comments: