Monday, April 28, 2008

Financial Literacy Day on Capitol Hill in DC

I was recently invited to participate in the annual Financial Literacy Day on Capitol Hill and used it as an opportunity to meet with several of our key lawmakers in Washington, DC and to promote my nationwide Financial Literacy Initiative. The event was a great experience and it was also a lot of fun to network with other people who are so passionate about the same cause. Angela was fortunately able to join me on this trip and was a GREAT help as you can see in the photo below!

As consumers, we really need to do more to bring awareness to the need for better financial education at all age and income levels. While I do not think that we should rely on the government for this to happen, I do feel that the only way to counter this epidemic is to integrate such classes into the school system and make them a graduation requirement.

No comments: